Reflare Ltd. (“Reflare”) is an IT security training and technology company that develops proprietary and innovative solutions to reduce the risks facing systems and networks all over the world. Reflare Materials (as defined below) made available through our subscriptions, products, services, public websites, or other publications and distributions are proprietary to Reflare and subject to copyright and other intellectual property protections, regardless of where and how they are referenced. This policy describes permissible use of Reflare Materials, when Reflare consent is required, and the process for requesting such consent.
This policy applies to any entity or individual that gets access to Reflare Materials. This policy also applies to any third-party that writes about and/or promotes Reflare Materials, including alliance partners and distributors.
Reflare reserves the right to change this policy at any time, without notice. This policy is for general information purposes only, and Reflare reserves the right to deny any and all uses of any of its Materials at its sole discretion
Reflare "Materials" include any and all documents, information, virtual learning content, research, training manuals, templates, technical reports, report formats, research data, product and assessment content (including survey or test content and scoring protocols), websites, and/or any other materials developed, owned, and/or provided by Reflare, a Reflare distributor or its affiliates.
- Materials made available through our products may be used in their entirety for the internal business purposes of registered Reflare clients. In these instances, Reflare clients do not require advance approval from Reflare to share the Materials to employees within their organization.
- Use of Materials made available through our products outside of a registered Reflare client company requires advance, written approval by Reflare.
- Use of Materials by any third-party contractor requires advance, written approval by Reflare, even if the third-party contractor services a Reflare client.
- Materials received through subscriptions, products, or services are subject to the usage requirements detailed below and as set forth in the written agreement between the Reflare client and Reflare, Reflare distributor or affiliate.
- Limited Materials are made available on our public websites and blogs. These Materials may be used for non-commercial purposes without advance permission from Reflare, with proper citation to Reflare and in accordance with the rules governing use below.
Rules Governing Use
- Reflare must be cited as the source of any Materials in accordance with the citation requirements in this policy.
- Any commercial use of Materials or the content within any Materials is prohibited without advance, written approval by Reflare.
- Full reproduction of our Materials is prohibited. Reprints of non–publicly available Materials may be made available for purchase.
- Use of our Materials must be limited in scope, and excerpts must be lifted verbatim in their entirety and appear accurately with all relevant context. Paraphrasing is not allowed.
- Use of Materials, excerpts, and/or citations must not:
- endorse or appear to endorse a client, product, or service;
- be used to compare companies, products, or services; or
- mention specific companies, products, or services.
Permission must be requested to use or reproduce our logo, trademarks, or service marks except as presented in the original Materials without alteration for use within a client company.
Copyright and Citation Requirements
- In general, if you are uncertain of proper citation for a particular use, please seek approval.
- For permitted use of Materials within a client company, the Reflare copyright notice must appear on each page as it originally appeared, and it may not be removed or altered.
- For permitted use of Materials that are made available on our public websites and blogs, the copyright notice must appear on each page as it originally appeared, and it may not be removed or altered.
- For content properly excerpted from Materials, Reflare must be cited, and the citation must include the following information:
- Research— Reflare, Research Title, Year of Publication, Page Number(s) [if applicable]
- Web Pages— Reflare, Web Page Title, Date Published or Last Modified, Web Address
- Datasets— Reflare, Dataset Title, Year of Publication or Last Modified, Product Name
- Blog Posts— Reflare, Blog Post Title, Blog Post Author, Name of Blog [if applicable], Date Published or Last Modified, Blog Post Web Address
- Video and Other Multimedia— Reflare, Video Title, Date Posted [or Accessed if posting date is unavailable], Web Address
So long as you are consistent with the above detail, you may apply your own citation styles. For example, Chicago style citation recommends italicizing the titles of studies and names of blogs while enclosing in quotation marks the titles of blog posts, web pages, and videos.
Request for Permission
- Contact the Reflare team at [email protected]
- Provide the following information and attachments:
- A description of the organization or individual requesting permission
- The Materials or the content within any Materials you wish to use in context of the material where it will appear
- The original source with excerpted content highlighted
- A description of the audience, communication objective, and vehicle
- The date(s) and, if applicable, venue of use
- We will reply via e-mail within five to seven business days.
- If you are requesting permission to cite Reflare Materials or the content within any Materials in advertisements, please note the following:
- Reflare will consider advertising permission only for client companies.
All requests for ad-related permissions must include detail about the placement of the advertisement.